The BD Hubs foster regional networks of stakeholders and cooperate nationally on US priorities of importance to a region and to the nation. The activities of the BD Hubs contribute to a vibrant national data innovation ecosystem. The Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub serves as a uniquely neutral entity within this ecosystem, harnessing the data revolution by building strategic partnerships that advance innovative solutions to a broad range of societal, scientific, and industry challenges. This vision is empowered and strengthened through the Hub's collaboration with a diverse community of partners, including underserved populations, world-class institutions, and people of all backgrounds who rely on or are impacted by big data.
Leveraging the distinctive characteristics and challenges of the northeastern United States, the Northeast Hub will design and facilitate multi-disciplinary, community-led activities and initiatives such as:
- Aggregating and helping to develop best practices for responsible data science;
- Creating frameworks for data fluency;
- Fostering better management of data security and privacy;
- Integrating health data from traditional and novel sources;
- Improving education through big data; and
- Reducing barriers for data sharing within and between different sectors.
This award reflects NSF's statutory mission and has been deemed worthy of support through evaluation using the Foundation's intellectual merit and broader impacts review criteria.
|Effective start/end date||6/1/19 → 5/31/23|
- National Science Foundation: $3,070,454.00