Volz, Richard A.
Amato, Nancy M.
Texas A&M University
Research Instrumentation: Instrumentation Grants for Research in CISE: Training in Virtual and Real Environments
This award supports the purchase of haptic and virtual reality based equipment and software to be used in the following research projects:
- Use of Advancing Information Technology for Next Generation Training Systems,
- Real-Time Multibody Dynamics for Virtual Environment Training Systems with Haptic User Interfaces,
- Integration of Training Simulations with Operational Environments, and
- Develop a New Method for Locating Anatomical Structures in Multiple-Slice Image Data Sets.
The equipment will augment existing Virtual Environments Laboratory, providing critical facilities needed for research in developing and providing training technologies, addressing in particular, general training environments, war environments, and medical environments. Furthermore, in medical image processsing, it will contribute in the development of a new method for locating anatomical structures.
|Effective start/end date||9/15/98 → 8/31/01|
- National Science Foundation: $134,996.00