The interactions of hydrogen with plasma-charging induced defects have been examined using 0.5 μm n-channel LDD MOSFETs fabricated on p-type Si by employing Cl2/HBr-based chemistries and CHF3/CF4-based chemistries polycrystalline Si gate definition and contact etch, respectively. New experimental results are presented which provide evidence for the passivation and depassivation of defects in the gate oxide and at the oxide/Si interface by hydrogen.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Hardware and Architecture