The electromagnetic response of a system, comprising a quartz binary phase-shift mask in contact with a photoresist layer over a silicon wafer and exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light in the 250-610 nm spectral regime, was computed with emphasis on absorption in the photoresist. Results indicate that high-aspect-ratio features can be produced by incoherent broadband illumination, consistently with recent experimental findings.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Hardware and Architecture
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics