Because of cost and time factors the exact cause of system failure may be known only partially. For example, the cause is narrowed down to a component in a subsystem or a smaller set of components. This is called "masking" of the exact failure mode. Our paper focuses on reliability estimation when the masking probability is dependent on the particular cause of failure.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering